On Episode 116 of the Mama Bear Dares Podcast, Tesi and Leslie sit down with Kara Hoag, the founder of Grace Unbound, a resource for those seeking a comprehensive sexuality education that includes the integration of sexuality and theology and aims to wipe clean feelings of shame. The women acknowledge that God created sexual intimacy and celebrate the idea that the human body is beautiful and to be celebrated and enjoyed, and discuss the most effective ways to teach the next generation to engage in healthy and meaningful sexual activity. Through their playful and deeply honest conversation, the women discuss pleasure and the ways in which we can embrace our spiritual self and our sexual self in order to be the full, complete women we were created to be.
- Understanding your own philosophy and experience of sex in order to help you parent your children as sexual beings.
- How has your history influenced your ideas, values, and preferences in terms of sex?
- Jesus' ministry was physical. In what ways might Christians appreciate the physicality of their faith?
- How does a fullness of life in terms of faith and sexuality propel us to kindness?
- The healing power and prayerful energy of orgasm.
- How our feelings and cultural narrative of sex infiltrates our politics.
- The importance of teaching intimacy in our homes.
- The hope and education involved in teaching our children to experience safe, intimate relationships.
- Marriage and sex in American culture in 2017.
Learn more about Kara and her ministry, and access all of the great resources she has to offer on her website, Grace Unbound.
Mama Bears, we’re online! Here’s where you can find us:
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes. We are having so much fun podcasting and really appreciate you listening!!
Help support Mama Bear Dares by shopping with us! Here are our affiliate links:
Do your Amazon shopping here. It costs you nothing and we get a bit of change from Amazon with each purchase! Yay!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Audible. Get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audible.com/mamabeardares.
Thanks to Wunderkind for the fabulous beats!