On Episode 108 of the Mama Bear Dares podcast, Leslie sits down with Lisa Leonard, a wife, mother, and successful career woman battling Stage 3 breast cancer. Lisa is beyond generous as she shares the story of her diagnosis, the battle for her health, and the state of her relationships in the midst of sickness. She shares her story with the hope that listeners will will benefit from her truth—that they'll make themselves a priority, be religious about doing a monthly self-check breast exam, and that they'll keep their girlfriends close. Through their conversation, Lisa will inspire listeners with her upbeat spirit, her hope, and the wisdom she's gained from the battle she's fighting.
ALSO DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Preemptive community. Find yours and hold them close. They'll be there when you need them!
- Watching movies in the middle of an anxious night with a friend.
- When your femininity hits the floor.
- This profound idea: When you can't find a reason, find a purpose.
- GIVE YOURSELF A SELF CHECK EVERY MONTH! (Use THIS as a guide.)
- If you find yourself with a friend with an illness, Lisa shares ideas on how to ease her suffering.
Check out Lisa's blog HERE.
Mama Bears, we’re online! Here’s where you can find us:
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes. We are having so much fun podcasting and really appreciate you listening!!
Help support Mama Bear Dares by shopping with us! Here are our affiliate links:
Do your Amazon shopping here. It costs you nothing and we get a bit of change from Amazon with each purchase! Yay!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Audible. Get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audible.com/mamabeardares.
Thanks to Wunderkind for the fabulous beats!