On Episode 131 of the Mama Bear Dares podcast, Tesi grabs the mic and sits down with Shannan Martin, a mom, writer, and advocate for those on the fringes. Shannan makes her second appearance on the podcast and she and Tesi continue their conversation about Shannan's her book Falling Free: Rescued From the Life I Always Wanted through a discussion of community, neighborliness, committing to relationships with those to whom you are connected by proximity, and being an advocate for the voiceless when opportunities arise. Through their conversation, Shannan and Tesi will inspire listeners to reflect on the meaning of kindness, their social position in America, and the ways in which they interact with their community and the world around them.
ALSO DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- What does it mean to be a neighbor? What do we gain by cultivating community?
- The value of entering into relationships...even when it's awkward
- The constant struggle and gift of listening to the voice of God in our lives
- Moving to a new neighborhood that is outside the bubble you've always belonged in
- What is hospitality? What does it look like? What does it taste like?
Looking for more? Check out these links:
Buy Shannan's book, Falling Free, HERE!
Mama Bears, we’re online! Here’s where you can find us:
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes. We are having so much fun podcasting and really appreciate you listening!!
Help support Mama Bear Dares by shopping with us! Here are our affiliate links:
Do your Amazon shopping here. It costs you nothing and we get a bit of change from Amazon with each purchase! Yay!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Audible. Get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audible.com/mamabeardares.
Thanks to Wunderkind for the fabulous beats!