On Episode 105 of the Mama Bear Dares podcast, Tesi grabs the mic and sits down with the fabulous Shannan Martin, former Flower Patch Farm Girl and current mom, writer, and advocate for those on the fringes. Shannan recently released a book called Falling Free: Rescued From the Life I Always Wanted and the two women discuss the book's major themes, which include rethinking the American Dream, giving up the comforts of a solidly middle class life and moving to an under-resourced area, committing to relationships with those to whom you are connect by proximity, and being an advocate for the voiceless when opportunities arise. Through their conversation, Shannan and Tesi will inspire listeners to reflect on their social position in America and the ways in which they interact with their community and the world around them.
ALSO DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- The American Dream...with a dose of Christianity. Can the two be pulled apart?
- How to talk about adoption
- What does it look like to walk toward someone else's pain?
- When you find yourself at the end of yourself, how do you find the footing to move forward?
- Moving to a new neighborhood that is outside the bubble you've always belonged in
- What is hospitality? What does it look like? What does it taste like?
- Choosing an "underperforming" school for your kids
- Fighting fear
Looking for more? Check out these links:
Buy Shannan's book, Falling Free, HERE!
Mama Bears, we’re online! Here’s where you can find us:
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes. We are having so much fun podcasting and really appreciate you listening!!
Help support Mama Bear Dares by shopping with us! Here are our affiliate links:
Do your Amazon shopping here. It costs you nothing and we get a bit of change from Amazon with each purchase! Yay!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Audible. Get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audible.com/mamabeardares.
Thanks to Wunderkind for the fabulous beats!