On this Mama Bear Mini, our mid-week episode, we talk about keeping romantic relationships alive after kids enter the scene. Prompted by learning about the break-up of two great, previously betrothed authors mentioned in Episode 18, Tesi and Leslie come up with seven ways to enliven and nurture the relationships we have with the people who are the closest: our spouses/partners.
7 Simple Ways to Nurture Your Relationship After Kids :
2. Nurture your Other Self & support your partner in allowing him/her to nurture his/her Other Self.
3. Watch him/her doing something “in their element.”
4. Enjoy time together. Date night OUT or Date night IN—doesn't matter which.
5. Find something you can enjoy together outside of your kids. (For instance, biking, a TV show, walking the dog after the kids go to bed.)
6. Say thank you.
7. Say your partner’s name and acknowledge their humanity.
Mama Bears, we’re online! Here’s where you can find us:
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes. We are having so much podcasting and really appreciate you listening!!
Help support Mama Bear Dares by shopping with us! Here are our affiliate links:
Do your Amazon shopping here. It costs you nothing and we get a bit of change from Amazon with each purchase! Yay!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Audible. Get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audible.com/mamabeardares.