On today's Mama Bear Dares episode, Leslie and Tesi interview the fabulous life-coach and founder of Shiny.Happy.Human Gervase Kolmos. The women dive into a conversation about the whole human experience and the flavor that motherhood brings to a life. All three are candid and honest about the ups and downs of raising tiny humans and its impact on life in the trenches of parenthood.
The conversation continues as Leslie and Tesi talk to Gervase about leading a life of celebration and taking the time to notice and applaud victories, both big and small. The women also dig into how to disappoint others honorably, the danger of capping joy, and the beauty of living a life of celebration. Overall, this honest conversation encourages listeners to live well and embrace this one incredible life!
- C.S. Lewis says this: “Friendship is born at the moment that one person says to another, ‘What? You too? I thought I was the only one!” Gervase calls this the “Me Too Factor” and explains exactly what she means and how this plays out for new moms. It's a way to drop the façade of perfection and express to others that we’re all in this together.
- Gervase talks about giving birth and three months later going back work. She realized shortly after that something wasn’t right. After seeing a therapist, she could see that she was suffering from postpartum depression. She helps listeners understand what postpartum is, how to identify when it’s time to reach out for help, and why the stigma surrounding mental health can be dangerous for new moms.
- All three women are pro therapy! Find yourself one and start today! Or find a modern mystic, a spiritual advisor, or a life coach. There are many people who can help you be your best.
- Gervase talks about the importance of a Soul Tribe and how important it is to surround yourself with a community that loves and supports you. The women discuss how to find this tribe and what it looks like in their lives.
- Leslie and Tesi talk about how Gervase decided to let go of the perception of what success looks likes and dove into sharing the full spectrum of what she was experiencing within the rich experience of motherhood. ShinyHappyHuman was born!
- The women talk about a redefinition of self-care to include the mind, spirit, body, and soul. Pedicures are great, but what else might we do to take care of ourselves?
Gervase shares her current love of the following:
· Yogurt parfaits (Greek yogurt, jam, walnuts)
· The power and intrigue of crystals
Here's where you can find Gervase:
A special invite to Mama Bear Dares Listeners! Join the Mommy Soul Tribe private Facebook group by clicking here!
Mama Bears, we’re online! Here’s where you can find us:
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes. We are having so much podcasting and really appreciate you listening!!
Help support Mama Bear Dares by shopping with us! Here are our affiliate links:
Do your Amazon shopping here. It costs you nothing and we get a bit of change from Amazon with each purchase! Yay!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Audible. Get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audible.com/mamabeardares.
Thanks to MCSquared for the beats!