On Episode 84 of the Mama Bear Dares Podcast, Tesi and Leslie converse with Margot Starbuck about a topic back by popular demand: Youth Sports Culture. Margot is the author of the book Overplayed: A Parent's Guide to Sanity in the World of Youth Sports and offers hosts and listeners great insight and information about the current landscape of youth sports in America and encourages us to engage our Mama Bear for the sake of our kids and the American psyche. This episode of full of great statistics and research, helpful anecdotes, and wisdom that applies to parenting athletes and non-athletes alike.
Other topics discussed:
- The history of youth sports in America
- Overuse, injuries, and the growing human body
- How to identify passion, nurture talent, and encourage movement without pressure
- A Mama Bear Sorority to support one another in mediocre, lazy, and cheap parenting
- Pros and Cons of organized sports, travel teams, and pursuing excellence on the playing field
Find Margot online:
Mama Bears, we’re online! Here’s where you can find us:
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes. We are having so much fun podcasting and really appreciate you listening!!
Help support Mama Bear Dares by shopping with us! Here are our affiliate links:
Do your Amazon shopping here. It costs you nothing and we get a bit of change from Amazon with each purchase! Yay!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Audible. Get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audible.com/mamabeardares.
Thanks, as always, to Wunderkind for the special edition holiday beats!