On Episode 63 of the Mama Bear Dares podcast, Leslie and Tesi spend the hour with Julie Lyles Carr, an incredible and inspiring woman who is a writer, photographer, pastor, and the founder/director of a non-profit called Legacy of Hope. Julie drops by the podcast to tell the hosts about her new book, Raising An Original, but the three women end up covering not just the topics inherent to writing and the content of what she's created, but the importance of staying curious, taking care of the Other Self (for Julie, running, reading, bathing, and quiet time does the trick!), and best practices in parenting original kids as the original women and men we were created to be. The conversation stretches in all sorts of ways and Leslie and Tesi spend their time soaking up the wisdom of this delightful woman. Julie is thoughtful and intelligent, loving and charming. If you are for growth, action, and intentional and nuanced parenting, you'll adore today's conversation.
Also discussed on the podcast:
- The beauty of staying curious
- Becoming a mouthpiece to solutions in this broken world
- Honoring your original kid
- Honoring the original way in which you parent
- Giving ourselves permission to BE an original so that we can RAISE an original
- The danger of asking our children to carry our identity
- Awakening your "noticer" — paying attention to each child's unique personality and human traits, and recognizing this as a process that is forever changing
Buy Julie's book, Raising An Original, HERE.
Learn more about Julie Lyles Carr HERE.
Have you heard of an ambivert?
Check out Legacy of Hope Austin and be inspired!
Join the conversation online! Here’s where you can find us:
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes. We are having so much fun and really appreciate you listening!!
Help support Mama Bear Dares by shopping with us! Here are our affiliate links:
Do your Amazon shopping here. It costs you nothing and we get a bit of change from Amazon with each purchase! Yay!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Audible. Get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audible.com/mamabeardares.
As always, thanks to Wunderkind for the beats!